"Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"

This space is dedicated to Adventure - and all things Challenging.

Name:
Location: Waukegan, Illinois, United States

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I Have My Clothes!

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Bonjour! Cava? Benin smells like petrol exhaust, sewage, and body odor - but it's all fabulous! I started French class Sunday, and I have another today. Yesterday I got trained to ride the Zemijohn (moped). Oh my God! I am going to have to get used to it, but I feel I'm going to die at any moment. Today this girl from Rhode Island and I attempted to find the super marche (Mayfair) - and it was successful! I bought Diet Coke, chicken noodle soup, and laundry soap. The women here wear crazy bright sarongs and tops all of the same "tissue". I saw a tissue with a tumbprint pattern and a tea pot pattern. Very colorful. I got my luggage on Sunday, and I finally got to change my clothes - YEah! It's so humid here - I'm never actually dry ever. But I can't complain because the weather is really cool here. No one knows why. The food is mostly bread, rice, tomato/onion goo, and fish. I hate fish...so I'm telling everyone that I'm a veggie. The vegetables here are mostly avacados, tomatoes, carrots, and onions. There is this weird fried cheese that is great, and so I think I'm going to be eating that for protein. I was told there is tofu here, but I can't find it. My training has been moved to a village called Dogbo. We go there tomorrow.

Have to go now. I have a meeting. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home